MASTER IN GENERAL AGRICULTURE IN ENGLISH
This two-year course of study will provide the graduate with a general view of agriculture in terms of animal breeding, plant production and mechanisation. Students will become acquainted with the whole area of agricultural primary production, business management and the manufacture of animal and plant products.
Also included in the curriculum are the strategies that should lead to sustainable development of agriculture using economic instruments and technologies to produce an all-rounded graduate. Ideal for Bachelors with agricultural, food production and scientific educational background.
Successful students will be awarded a master's degree have the right to use the title "engineer".
For online application please go to: http://is.mendelu.cz/prihlaska/?lang=en.
Application process open: 18/12/2019 - 31/03/2020
If applying to Master study in English, do not pay the CZK450 registration fee!
- English level at least B2
- Prior Bachelor education in Agriculture, Biology, Food Technology, Agribusiness or similar - recognized, see below
- Payment of tuition fee (figure for 2020/21) CZK 79,390 per annum (approx. USD3500) while the application fee is waivered for tuition paying students.
How do I apply:
- Fill in the online application and send the scan of your filled-in and signed application form together with the scans of your Bachelor diploma and diploma supplement/transcript of records to the contact email address. How to fill in application.
- Get your Bachelor degree in agriculture-related fields – validated/ recognized.
- Sign study contract - will be sent to you in May 2020
- Make payment of tuition
RECOGNITION OF BACHELOR EDUCATION
To study in the Czech Republic on Master level you need your Bachelor education recognized/validated. For recognition you will need the following documents:
Please read these instructions carefully.If you are serious about studying in the Czech Republic, start gathering authorized documents as soon as you put in an application as this process is time consuming!
well-versed in the typical crops planted for human or animal consumption as well as industrial and energy crops in the EU and their agro-technical requirements.
able to identify factors influencing the production of a specific crop in a specific location.
able to calculate the potential yield of crops in different cropping systems, and design and manage the most appropriate harvesting and primary product pre-processing approach.
know the main groups of animals bred in the EU and farm animal husbandry production goals.
able to recognize the factors determining production capacity as well as quality of production in terms of animal husbandry production systems and recognize biological (welfare) limits.
acquainted with typical primary agricultural product processing technologies for the purposes of food production.
know animal feeds and the rudiments of processing industrial crops.
able to choose and economically assess the suitable processing of primary products in typical commodity verticals.
can communicate with farm specialists in at least two languages and monitor work processes in primary agricultural production as well as by product processing or providing services in agriculture.
able to act independently in evaluation and market application and verify the best way to monetize agricultural primary and secondary products.
- Landscape Ecology
- Soil Microbiology
- Fertilisation systems of Field Crops
- Feding Technology of Farm Animals
- Applied Genetics in Agriculture
- Waste Management
- Pasture and Grazing Management
- Compulsory vocational Practice
- Mechanisation of Production Processes
- Preservation and Storage of Forage
- Business Management
- Production Systems in Animal Production
- Plant Breeding
- Yield Formation in the Field Crops
- Plant Production Systems
- Breeding Programmes of Farm Animals
- Zoohygiene and Disease Prevention
Elective courses (min 4)
- Ecology Systems of Animal Production
- Tropical and Subtropical Pastures
- Technology of Food Products 1
- Organic Agriculture
Faculty of AgriSciences has a range of scholarships available to all students, like accommodation or study performance scholarships.